As the chair of the Craig Bay Food Drive Committee, I reached out to Bonnie Brown, the Business Manager at our Parksville Salvation Army, to find out how our Food Bank is coping during this crisis. As you can imagine, she has told me that the need has increased in light of the many layoffs in our community. Bonnie had hoped that our generous donation from last fall, along with all the monies donated, would go much further this year. Sadly, this is not the case.
I am reaching out to my Craig Bay Community to ask, if you have not already done so, please consider helping our local Food Bank with a donation of cash or food item. Please see below the plea from our Salvation Army for help:
YOUR HELP is needed to keep these services running:
* Monetary donations can be made ONLINE (www.parksvillesalvationarmy.ca/donate, select BC, then, Parksville – Mount Arrowsmith), by CHEQUE to PO Box 1874 Parksville BC V9P 2H6by or by credit card over the phone (250-248-8794, but not always available).
* Donations of food, personal/household essential items (see list of items most needed below) can be left at bins in grocery stores or taken to our food bank during business hours.
THRIFT STORES and ADMINISTRATION OFFICE are closed, but we are still working hard in the background.
THANK YOU to our volunteers, community partners and everyone in our community! Stay healthy and look after yourself and each other!
Food Bank Needs List:
* Rice, flour, sugar – most needed
* Meat, canned, any kind
* Soup, canned, dry mixes
* Cereal, crackers
* Peanut butter, jam
* Spaghetti sauce
* Salad dressings
* Juice, any kind
* Fruit, canned
* Side Kick Noodle Dishes
* Cleaning products (Lysol, Pine Sol, bleach)
* Laundry soap, dish soap
* Toilet paper, paper towel
* Toothpaste, toothbrushes
* Hand soap, body wash, shampoo
* Pull up diapers sizes 3, 5, 6
* Feminine hygiene products
* Dog/cat food (dry preferred)